An Aussie institution, the Toastie is the best go-to option for a hot, tasty feed!
Leftovers of ANY of our products can be used to make cracking toasties in 5 minutes, check out our Hot Toastie Tips below for some great ideas
HOT TOASTIE TIPS
- Butter or spray oil the outside of the bread for a delicious golden hot crisp crunch that does not quit!
- Spread only a thin layer of butter/marge to avoid the bread sticking together when taking off the top layer to load, avoiding devastating spills
- If you're using thick bread, don't pre-heat the sandwich press: start it when loaded for a better heat-through
- Pre-Heat the Meat!! Cold meats from the fridge makes it harder to heat through, a quick zap makes all the difference
- Halve your cheese to do a bottom AND a top layer, with the other ingredients in between: helps the toastie eat better
- Avoid putting ingredients together that will slide too much: whole tomato slices next to avocado slices will make the toastie fall apart when eating :(
- Level-up your tomato: tomatoes LOVE salt and pepper, either sprinkle on slices, or mix through diced tomato for amazing flavour
- Cut diagonal with a serrated knife, using light, long strokes, keeping the toasties perfect shape without squishing it on the plate
leftover Darling Fresh Smoke Haus pulled pork
4 slices white bread (or any bread)
Butter or margarine
100g shredded mozarella cheese (any melty cheese will do)
4 cherry tomatoes or half a large tomato, diced into cubes
Salt and pepper, mixed into the tomatoes
~3tbsp sauerkraut (you can always add more...)
Mayonnaise (totally reccomend Kewpie)
1 pickle, sliced into 1mm thick rounds
Get out the Sandwich press or toastie machine, plug in and switch on. If you are doing a BIG toastie or using thick bread, maybe leave it off until loaded, making sure the whole toastie gets a good heat through.
Slice the pickle and the tomatoes, mixing a good pinch of salt and pepper into the diced tomatoes.
Pre-heat the leftover smoked goodness in the microwave so its warm.
Apply a thin layer of butter or margarine to the outside of the 4 toastie bread slices, careful not to use too much butter or the slices will stick together, making it really hard to load the press.
Place the buttered sides together to create the two toasties, and start loading.
From the bottom up for each of the two toasties, add:
- a quarter of the the cheese per toastie,
- half the diced and seasoned tomato,
- half the saurkraut,
- half the sliced pickles
- a generous squirt of mayonnaise,
- a good load of the smoked meats or mushrooms, and
- the rest of the cheese.
Carefully move the top slice with the toppings to the press, so the buttered side is face down.
Place the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
Repeat with the second toastie and close the lid.
Toast until golden brown and the toastie is heated right through
Remove to a chopping board (careful hot!), and slice diagonally for the best effect. To avoid squashing the toastie, use a serrated knife with long light strokes, serve and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Keep it fresh and delicious with an easy-to-do Pulled Beef Burrito Bowl!
Our tasty garlic free and onion free Pulled Beef Duo feeds 4 with this easy-win, get into it!
Take your BBQ to the next level with these chargrilled veggies, the perfect side dish. Pump up the flavour with our Salt, Garlic and Pepper Wood-Smoked Seasoning.